What we do
We can help you and your organisation move closer to inclusion by training your staff in:
- Their responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010
- The social model of disability
- The extra disadvantages brought about by having 2 or more overlapping categories such as race, disability or class. This is known as intersectionality.
- Respect and value of cultural diversity
- Different access and communication needs
We train both face to face and online using Zoom or MS Teams. We have a range of off the shelf training packages ranging from half day, to one and two-day courses. All Sunsurfer courses can be customised to meet your needs. Please contact us for details
Mental Health Courses
We offer a choice of mental health courses.
- Two day Mental Health First Aid accredited by MHFA England
- Scotlands Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA) a 12 hour course accredited by SMHFA Scotland
- We deliver First Aid for Mental Health courses designed by First Aid Awards (FAA) and accredited by Ofqual (England) and SQA (Scotland). These courses range from 4 hour Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health to full 2 day First Aid for Mental Health (Supervising/Leading)
See our full range of Mental Health Courses
Disability and Deaf Courses
Sunsurfer offer a range of disability and deaf equality and awareness training courses.
- Deaf Awareness - Builds awareness and understanding to improve access for deaf and hard of hearing people. Practical activities develop learners skills for facilitating good communication. This course is always delivered by at least one deaf tutor
- Introduction to British Sign Language. - This fun and engaging course provides the basics to get you started communicating with a British Sign Language (BSL) user. This course is always tailored to include specific signs that are relevant to your organisation.
See our full range of Disability and Deaf courses
Equality and Diversity Courses
Sunsurfer offer a range of equality and diversity awareness training courses.
- Equality and Diversity - Provides an insight into the value and relevance of diversity and equality and obligations under the Equality Act 2010. Engaging activities around the different protected characteristics and types of discrimination.
- Disability Equality and Awareness - Building awareness and understanding for confident engagement with colleagues and clients with disabilities. The course introduces the UK legal requirements and the social model of disability to better meet the needs of disabled people.
See our full range of Equality & Diversity courses
Since 2004, Sunsurfer Consultancy, have trained thousands of people across the UK. Our clients range across the private and public sector and we achieve excellent feedback. Sunsurfer director, Michael Fellowes is also an Associate trainer for Mates in Mind and the British Safety Council. Here is what a few of our delegates said...
Thrilled to have qualified as a MHFA trainer, and thank you to Michael for delivering the course in a common sense, practical and empathetic way
I really enjoyed the way this training was presented + learnt a lot more than I would have expected - both about the language + awareness
Where we work
We have clients all over the UK, including:
- Scotland - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen
- North and Yorkshire - Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield, Wakefield
- North-West - Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Cheshire
- Midlands - Northampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Nottingham
- London and South-East
- Northern Ireland
We hold full Public liability and Professional indemnity insurance.