This accredited - by Mental Health First Aid England - 2 day course will give you the skills to manage a mental health issue or crisis that may arise with colleagues, clients, family or friends. We know what to do if someone falls and cuts their knee, this is the mental health equivalent.
Who should come on the course?
- All staff including front line staff, line managers, senior management team and back office staff
- Other people associated with your organisation such as volunteers or tenants
- People supporting a family member or friend with a mental health issue
- Organisations responding to their legal responsibilities
Quality assured MHFA England instructors deliver key mental health information in four manageable sections. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Following this you will learn to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
On successful completion of the course you will be a Mental Health First Aider.
What clients say about this training
Explained from the start about how complex issues are, how much overlap there is between symptoms, treatments etc.Delegate on the Poplar HARCA/Tower Hamlets Homes, course November 2016
Very well delivered, balanced, a good course that I would recommend. I would also recommend the trainers. Delegate on the Manchester open course, November 2016
Excellent and would recommend others to take the courseDelegate on theBathgate Silica course May 2017
- For our latest open MHFA course please click Upcoming Open Courses
- Organisations - Training can be at your venue on dates to suit you for 8 to 16 delegates
- Individuals - Individuals may want to book on one of our open courses - usually in central Manchester every 2-3 months
Just get in touch for more information.