This one day mental health awareness and skills course, accredited by MHFA England, qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get a comprehensive MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the day you'll get a certificate to say you are an MHFA Champion.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
When you complete the day you'll get a certificate to say you are an MHFA Champion for your workplace.
Who should come on the course?
- All employees at all levels of the organisation
This course can be run with you at your venue or alternatively at our central Manchester training rooms. Contact us for further information.