We offer full day and half day courses that can be tailored to your organisations needs. This may be working with a particular client group, or supporting a colleague with a mental health condition. We have successfully run these courses with a range of organisations, including Museum Development North West, London Borough of Redbridge and Community Arts North West.
Who should come on the course?
This is vital for all staff:
- Front line staff dealing directly with customers and clients
- Staff experiencing, or working with colleagues with mental health issues
- Line management supporting staff with mental health issues
- Senior management team, who are looking to create and maintain a mentally healthy workplace
- Other people associated with the organisation, including Directors/Trustees, Volunteers and Tenants
- Organisations looking to understand and meet their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Equality Act 2010
- Anyone who wants the knowledge and confidence to initially support someone in an emergency or non-emergency mental health situation
What will I learn?
- How to spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- To feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- An understanding of the three key areas of mental illness - depression, anxiety and psychosis
- To provide help on a first aid basis
- Ways to foster and maintain mental Wellbeing
- To help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- To help prevent a mental illness from getting worse
- To help someone recover faster
- To guide someone towards the right support
- To reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- Ways to support the person through the principles of the Social Model of disability
- How to meet legal requirements of Health and Safety and the Equality Act 2010
- Organisations - Training can be at your venue on dates to suit you for up to 16 delegates
- Individuals - we regularly run Mental Health First Aid open courses accredited by Mental Health First Aid England. Please see our upcoming open courses
This was a very worthwhile training delivered by excellent trainers. Would thoroughly recommend!
- Delegate from Community Arts North West, July 2018
Just contact us through the form below for more information.