Builds awareness and understanding in your teams so staff can engage with colleagues and clients with disabilities confidently, appropriately and in keeping with UK legal requirements and better meet their needs. This is offered as a full or half day course
Who should come on the course?
- Front line staff dealing with the public
- People who work with a colleague who has a disability
- Managers with the responsibility for purchasing equipment, designing or refurbishing accommodation
- People involved in recruitment and promotion
- A deeper awareness of the Equality Act 2010 in relation to disability
- Awareness of clues to help you recognise and identify people with disabilities
- Understand the medical and social model of disability
- Know how barriers are removed and suggest practical ways to do this within your own organisation
- Feel more professional in situations involving disabled people
- Be able to encourage good practice within your organisation
- Organisations - Training can be at your venue on dates to suit you for up to 15 delegates
- Individuals - Individuals may want to book on one of our open courses
Just get in touch for more information.