We are now running Online Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA). The content is the same as the face-to-face 2 day course.
This accredited - by Mental Health First Aid England - 15 hour course will give you the skills to manage a mental health issue or crisis that may arise with colleagues, clients, family or friends. We know what to do if someone falls and cuts their knee, this is the mental health equivalent.
Who should come on the course?
- All staff including front line staff, line managers, senior management team and back office staff
- Other people associated with your organisation such as volunteers or tenants
- People supporting a family member or friend with a mental health issue
- Organisations responding to their legal responsibilities
Two quality assured MHFA England instructors deliver key mental health information in four manageable sections. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Following this you will learn to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
On successful completion of the course you will be a Mental Health First Aider.
Michael was great- he made working through a lot of heavy content fun and enjoyable. I liked that there was a mixture of self-learning, group learning and breakout rooms where we could apply what we had learnt to real life situations. Having these different formats meant we were able to move through the work well.
Delegate on an Online Mental Health First Aid April 2021
Closed and Open courses can be delivered over two copnsecutive days, two weeks or four weeks with four online sessions. We plan to run a number of courses on a range of days and dates from July until Christmas 2021. Please see listings in the 'Open Courses' section of our website.
Closed private courses for organisations can be delivered to meet your requirements. Contact us for further details and to book on an online MHFA course.