A fun engaging course that provides the basics to get you started communicating with a British Sign Language (BSL) user. This course is always tailored to include specific signs that are relevant to your organisation. This is offered as a full or half day course.
Who should come on the course?
- People who would like to try out and learn some basic BSL
- All front line staff
- People who work with a colleague who is a BSL User
- Know what BSL is and who uses it
- Be confident producing the BSL alphabet and be able to ‘read’ simple words
back in BSL
- Have knowledge of a wide range of basic BSL phrases and questions and be able to use them and ‘read’ them back
- Learn some signs and phrases relevant to your area of work
- Know what equipment can help some Deaf people
- Be aware of the professionals who support d/Deaf people
- Understand that Deaf etiquette is different to the Hearing world
What clients say about this training
The most satisfying and rewarding day I have had in years – and fun! In a word – inspirational!! Karen Burnell, PA to Deputy PrincipalCentral School of Speech and Drama London
- Organisations - Training can be at your venue on dates to suit you for up to 15 delegates
- Individuals - Individuals may want to book on one of our open courses
Just get in touch for more information.